Wednesday 20 March 2013

Me, Myself and I. . .

This is a new venture for me and one which I hope to dedicate more time to than I have in previous attempts at blogging. Somehow life gets in the way though - wouldn't you agree? 

So I am currently in my 3rd year of an English and Teaching joint honours degree and have a new found fascination with Modern Gothic Literature. A venture introduced to me by two members of staff at my university who are running a course module on it this semester.  I had never before ventured into the genre of literature known as Gothic, horror or terror until late November 2012 when I first picked up Ira Levin's Rosemary's Baby. From there on in I have been absolutely, irrevocably fascinated by the whole genre.

Since, I have decided that my dissertation topic next year will be on some form of Gothic Literature, I just need to figure out which part!! So anyway, this is going to keep track of my journey through a nail-biting (probably terrifying since I am a total wimp!) genre that I just can't get enough of!!
M x

No comments:

Post a Comment